Monday 28 May 2007

Update

I've finally got round to getting the camera out and taking some pictures so here's how my knitting and garden are going...


The vast expanse of grey monotony that was Betty has suddenly taken shape now she's sewn up. All she needs now are some sleeves, the first of which is already on the DPN's, and a brooch for fastening (I'm using a darning needle in the photo). I learned a new technique during knitting Betty that I'm so pleased with, I'm still grinning about it. Spit splicing has been mentioned on quite a few blogs lately so I thought I'd give it a go. Never again will I have to weave in ends on 'felting' wools! I was a bit squeamish and used water instead of spit though, the scientist in me kept thinking about the sugars, bacteria etc in spit and just couldn't do it!

All the mild weather and rain we've been having lately have brought on the garden beautifully...


...the broad beans are now about 4 feet high...


...and there are small green strawberries developing already!

The clematis in the back garden which is always a few weeks behind the one at the front due to aspect etc is also in full flow.

1 comment:

Cristina Salgueiro said...

Spring There, Winter here.
It is fun to see all the people talking about the good weather, and here with a lot of blankets, and socks!