Wednesday 8 August 2007

A finishing nightmare

I don't normally take photos of the wrong sides of projects as I don't do any fair isle colourwork and I think that would be the only thing normally worth looking at the back of. This is an exception though...


Can you see all the ends? I counted and there are almost 100 ends per glove to be sewn in! I had to show someone who understood what this means as the gloves are for my sister (to match her scarf and hat) and she's not a knitter, so I don't think she fully appreciates the implications of getting stripey gloves.

Having said that, they've been a pretty fast knit, from this...


to this...


in a week. A couple of evenings TV knitting per glove, then a whole evening per glove sewing in ends.

The yarns are all approximately 4 ply cashmere and merino blends. Some Debbie Bliss cashmerino baby, some RY cashsoft and some Jaeger matchmaker. I'm going to have a fair bit of yarn left over from the gloves so maybe she needs some matching bedsocks as well!

1 comment:

Twelfthknit said...

You must REALLY love your sister....
India