Wednesday 19 December 2007

Clapotis

Another step towards feeling really at home in the new house has occurred - I've blocked my first project on my new study floor...

I'm really pleased with how Clapotis finally turned out (after a few false starts over the last couple of years). I made the narrower version, more of a scarf than a wrap and it's going to be very wearable.
The yarn is Colinette Banyan and the colourway is Copperbeech. I love the yarn, the cotton/viscose blend looks and feels as if it will gently fade with age producing a lived-in look. It certainly gave up a lot of dye during wet-blocking, both in the water and onto the towels as it dried. The colours were beautiful in the skein and ball but are even better knitted up.


I dearly wanted to knit a sweater next and have been eagerly eyeing the gathered pullover from the current Interweave Knits. Sadly life seems to have other ideas. Our new house is fairly draughty so practicality has won out and I'm improvising a felted draught excluder. Pictures to follow if it all works out OK.

It's finally become properly cold here - the other morning there was a beautiful sky as I sat eating my breakfast, but on my way to work I saw that the canal has frozen over for the first time this year. Now that the weather is cold, I'm starting to feel a bit more Christmassy...


Hope everyone had a fantastic Christmas and New Year as I can't see me getting back to the blog before the start of January.

No comments: