Thursday 12 March 2009

Rose Red

This little beauty knit up just as quickly second time round and now fits like a dream.


The pattern is Rose Red by Ysolda Teague and the yarn is Orkney St Magnus DK - an angora / lambswool blend. The finished beret is easy to wear, it can be worn pulled to one side or to the back as a slouch.


I've not really been knitting much lately - just working a little on a pair of silk-blend socks for me with the left-overs from the Resident Radiologist's Christmas Socks. I really want to get on with another 'proper project' such as the Apres Surf Hoodie, for which I have the pattern and yarn, but the mojo just isn't there.


Even this most recent addition to the stash, the February Lorna's Laces sock club from Get Knitted in a colourway that I can't make out hasn't got the fingers twitching!

Instead, I've been working on bead and silverwork. I've decided that this is going to be the year when I take a load of my jewelry to a craft fair, but I've also been toying with the idea of Etsy... To this end, I've been trying to get really good photographs of my pieces using a light box at work. I'll try to put a selection up next post and you can all let me know what you think!

No comments: