Thursday 2 April 2009

Yarn Fumes...

I was going throught the photos I had taken of my new silk socks when I came across this one and it brought to mind the phrase 'overcome by yarn fumes' - generally used when a knitter tries to excuse the purchase of more yarn.


Splat definitely looks like she's been overcome by the yarn fumes.


These are my leftovers socks knitted with the remains of some Regia Silk 6 ply that I used to knit a pair of socks for the Resident Radiologist. They are 52 stitches around, knitted on 3.75mm needles to my usual pattern.


And these are the RR's original pair. I knitted them as a stealth project last year when the RR was working away from home and gave them to him for Christmas. Since then, they've rarely been out of his work boots or out of the laundry basket for long enough for a photo!


They are also 52 stitches around to my usual pattern. The silk blend yarn is lovely and soft and warm and washes really well, but I don't think that I'd use it again for socks as it doesn't have the resilience of wool and stretches out of shape a bit during wearing.

No comments: