Wednesday 12 March 2014

Owl Obsession

In an attempt to resurrect my blog and get it going again, I'm going to show you all projects that have been finished in the last year while I was on maternity leave. There is no particular order to how I'm going to do this, it could well depend on availability of photographs when the blogging mood takes me!



First up is Owl Obsession. I crocheted this for my new nephew who was born in November.
The pattern is amazing... I have not crocheted in any meaningful way for years and have never successfully followed a pattern but I needn't have worried. The level of detail in the instructions and the photographs provided are brilliant.




The yarns I used were KnitPicks Chroma Worsted in the colourway Lolly Pop and Drops Big Merino in cream. The Knitpicks is not easily available in the UK and not at all in this colourway but a friend bought it for me in the USA and my father-in-law brought it back with him to the UK. 
The hook was 5.5mm.

The colours were absolutely addictive. I finished this in no time at all and even the making-up and finishing flew by.



I'm really pleased with the finished product - it's warm, colourful and perfect for a winter baby.

No comments: