Monday 17 March 2014

Two Shawls

Next in my catch-up list are two shawls I've knitted recently...

The first is some thing that has become a regularly worn part of my wardrobe and I'm not sure I could do without it.



This is the Hitchhiker Scarf by Martina Behm. I knitted this using some very old Fyberspates Cobweb Lace yarn that I held double. Jen did not produce this yarn for long, it was quickly superceded, but it's lovely both to knit with and wear. This photo does not really do the colour justice. It's a mixture of deep turquoise and blue-green through to almost inky blue in places.
I got 52 'teeth' out of my skein with a little left over.
Knitted on 3mm needles.

This second scarf is something that I knitted on holiday when my son was about 8 weeks old and I felt that I wanted to knit something I could get my teeth into a bit without being a massive project. I've never really worn it yet, but it is lovely and I'm sure I'll work out what it looks good with eventually.



This is the Primavera Shawlette by Lidia Tsymbal. I knitted this from some Dye for Wool 4ply in the colourway 'Burnt Cinnamon Roll' that I received in a secret santa swap at The Yarn Cake. It's a lovely yarn with some depth and variation in tone and best of all, I only used half the skein so I can use it for something else too.
Knitted on 3.75mm and 4mm needles.

No comments: