Tuesday, 20 February 2007

Rip it!

I was working on Klaralund last night when I started to get the nagging feeling that it was going to be too big - very much too big... To be honest, I've been having this feeling all week, but couldn't muster the energy to spread it onto enough needles to measure. When I did this last night, my feeling turned out to be right, she was over 40 stitches too large (in the round). There was no other option but to rip and start again. I've been consoling myself that at least it will be quicker to get to the same point this time as there are fewer stitches in each round now!

While I had the camera out, I took the oportunity to get pictures of two of my most recent finished objects:

The jumper is Kepler, knitted in Rowanspun aran on 5.5mm needles. I love the way the neck is finished with the applied I-cord and will definitely use this technique again. I adapted the pattern to knit the body in the round up to the armholes, and the sleeves in the round too. I was going to knit the whole of the body in the round and steek the armholes, but when it came down to it, I just didn't have the confidence... next time...

The hat is my own design to match the Irish Hiking Scarf, also in the picture. The yarn is Orkney St Magnus Angora. The cable band was knitted on 4mm needles, then I picked up stitches and crocheted the crown. I'm really pleased with the way this turned out and aparently the resident radiologist has his eye on it too as he has requested something similar (in a 'man' colour) for our upcoming ski trip. The only problem with that request is that it might require a departure from the current 'knit from stash' mantra!

No comments: