Tuesday 21 April 2009

New Beginings...

The Apres Surf Hoodie has been on my 'to knit' list ever since the pattern was published last summer. In fact, it might even have been the reason I bought that issue of Interweave Knits.

In december I went to the John Lewis sale and managed to get enough Rowan Cashcotton 4 ply in their sale for my size - clearly this was meant to be... but then the yarn went into the stash and the jumper did not appear. I just didn't seem to be in the mood for it until really lately (I blame Dad's big blue jumper - I couldn't think about anything else until I knew it was properly finished).


A couple of weeks ago, the yarn came out of the stash and the swatching happened. I knitted two swatches and after washing and blocking, one was the perfect gauge. I liked the look and drape of the other one better though, so I did the maths and worked out that if I knitted the pattern for the 35.5 inch chest in the gauge I liked best, I'd get a size just below the next size up, which should fit me pretty well.


And so I've started something new at last...

No comments: