Thursday 26 November 2009

Ta Daaaa

The finished, blocked and woven-in article.

This first photo shows the detail better...

while the colour is better in this one.

Details:

The pattern is Cobblestone by Jared Flood, published in Interweave Knits.
The yarn is New Lanark 100% wool aran in the colourway 'denim'.
I used 2 long 4.5mm circular needles throughout.
I made no modifications to the pattern as written!
I knitted the smallest size, but with my gauge and the fact that this yarn really relaxes when blocked, it came out at approximately 42" chest with 2-3" positive ease.

It fits the resident radiologist perfectly and he's even mentioned the possibility of wearing it to work so he must like it!

1 comment:

JulesH said...

Wow I love this! I was looking for a pattern for MSO and this may be it (his first choice is the waistcoat Colin Firth wears in Nanny McPee, but can I find it?!)
Congrats on impending motherhood - your first yeah? We had our second daughter in August, she's just turned 3 months and is adorable we think (of course).
Jules (South of the river!)