Monday, 11 February 2013

Clearing the backlog - the final installment!

Finally I've caught myself up and am blogging relatively recent projects:

Over the last couple of months, I've been knitting bits and pieces for DD, partly to finish off stash and partly because it's fun. She's really into the idea that 'Mummy made this' at the moment and I can't resist her enthusiasm (and I hold no illusions about how long this phase might last)!
This is a little stocking filler that I made her for Christmas...

The pattern is Ragdoll by Debbie Bliss and I knitted it using Drops Baby Merino on 2.5mm needles.

I made major modifications to this pattern. It is written to be knitted flat and sewn up which would result in a huge number of small pieces and seams, so I started at the top and knitted it in the round, stuffing it as I went. Only the arms and the dress were knitted separately and with hindsight, the arm shaping at the top where they're sewn on would lend itself beautifully to a sort of raglan-style construction.

There are many modifications to the dress that have been made on Ravelry, so I intend to make a few of these in the future to give her a wardrobe. I also wondered about holding the yarn doubled and using larger needles to make a 'big sister' with a different coloured dress and tights.

No comments: