Monday 2 July 2007

Woolfest Part II

So - what was in the bag?

Well, there was some of this ...

and some of this...

a little of this...

some of these...

and a few balls of this...

The roving was bought for felting - something I've fancied doing for a while. I've used up the ends of bits of Noro Kureyon in the past to make small felted balls which I want to join together to make a table mat, but I need a lot more balls. The white will form the cores of the balls and the colours will cover the outsides. I've also fancied having a go at making felted soaps so I'll use some for that too.

The beautiful pink and orange roving in the foreground was also intended for felting, but now I think that might be a bit of a waste so I'm looking into having it spun into a sock-weight yarn.

The lopi roving is for knitting and then felting. This caught my eye recently and I think Splat might really like it. I also fancy making this market bag from knitty which Lene has made and finished so beautifully recently.

The sock yarn is for the resident radiologist's delectation (once knitted of course) and I haven't a clue what I'm going to do with the baby alpaca 4-ply. It's a fairly heavy 4-ply (almost a DK) and there is 200m per skein so I'm thinking maybe a little cardi with elbow-length sleeves. To be honest, I just really loved the colour and had to bring it home!

Finally, the buttons are intended for Wisp.

All in all, I think I was fairly restrained. There was loads more I'd have liked to have bought, but I tried hard to have something in mind before I bought yarn. The baby alpaca was the only item which slipped through the mental net...

No comments: