Wednesday 3 October 2007

In the meantime...

It looks like it could be a while until I'm going to get my invite to ravelry:
  • You signed up on August 9, 2007
  • You are #24190 on the list.
  • 2331 people are ahead of you in line.
  • 14406 people are behind you in line.
  • 56% of the list has been invited so far.
... so while I'm waiting, here's another pretty picture.


This is Wisp in her fully finished state. I'm not entirely pleased with the blocking - the sides are meant to be straight but I didn't have that many pins and anyway, I think that anything stretched out with pins is going to come out a bit peaked. I think I'm going to need blocking wires for this sort of project. I don't know where I can buy these over here but my father is an engineer so some 1.5mm round stainless steel rod should be fairly easy to come by! The buttons are very lightweight shell ones from the Button Lady at Woolfest this year. She can be buttoned up as shown, short side to long side to form a wrap, or wrapped round the neck and buttoned short end to short end to form a muffler. She can also be folded in half and the eyelets on one side laced together with ribbon to form a hood. A very versatile piece of lace indeed.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh Wisp is gorgeous, such a lovely colour.

I was a bit slow on the whole Ravellery thing too, I didn't understand for ages and by the time I did the list was huge. I am waiting, not very patiently but it is sort of reassuring to know you are waiting too because I was starting to feel like the only knitter in the world not "in".