Thursday 11 October 2007

Welly-boot weather

Well, it's that time of year again when walking up the hill to work means wearing welly boots to prevent my trouser legs from being soaked half-way to my knees. You'd have thought that sometime in the last four years, the council would have realised that if they cleared the ditch at the side of the path, then the water from the field drain would not run straight over the top of the stuff in the ditch and down the pavement in torrents! It's been happening for so long that there is actually a water groove worn into the tarmac.

Sadly, this very wet weather doesn't mean that it's cold enough yet for this...


or this...


or these...


I'd finished the hat and scarf with a ball of yarn left over so I improvised some mittens, then ran out of yarn with one thumb left to knit! I had to unpick the cuffs of the mittens to get enough yarn to finish off, something which was much trickier that I thought it would be and which I don't want to have to repeat.
The hat and scarf are from the Twilley's Freedom Spirit Book and the whole set is knitted from Twilley's Freedom Spirit in the Force colourway. I used 5 balls of yarn with NOTHING left over.

Finally a little tastey bite that I made for the group meeting today at work. We have a system whereby whoever is giving the seminar provides the snacks and today is my turn.


Blueberry and raspberry muffins and banana, nut and seed loaf.

1 comment:

knittingnurse said...

that scarf is beautiful, where did you find the pattern? i'd love to give it a try.