Wednesday 14 November 2007

Finishing #1:

I may have said this before, but there's something incredibly satisfying about finishing things. Over the last couple of days I've been on a bit of a finishing spree, including proper finishing that included needles and thread as well as the finishing socks kind of finishing.

Here is the finished French Market Bag:



I lined it with some Pucci-inspired swirly fabric I had in my stash that I think tones beautifully with the knitted fabric.


I turned the bag (which has a square base) inside out over a conveniently-sized box and measured up for the lining.


I sewed the lining up on the machine, then attached the lining to the bag by hand, tacking in the corners then going round the top in whipstitch while the outer was still stretched over the box (made things much simpler).



I'm really very pleased with how it's turned out.

No comments: