Wednesday 7 March 2007

No. 15 on the needles

Well, in the last couple of days, I've finished blocks number 13 and 14 for Lizard Ridge and have cast on no. 15. I'm fast approaching a dilema though. I have bought or ordered 1 ball of each colourway I've come across in Kureyon since I started this project, but have only managed to accumulate 17 balls. This will knit into 19 squares by the time I've used up the ends of the balls, but what am I going to do for the other 5 or 6 squares I need? I've already scoured ebay and various online yarn stored for odd balls and come up blank. Do I buy some duplicate balls, then use two balls together (rather than both ends of the same ball) to get a different effect, or do I wait until Noro bring out some new colourways? Patience is not a strong suit of mine (I hate having unfinished projects hanging around) so I suspect I'll opt for the first solution.

In the mean time (until I get the camera out again) here are another couple of things from last year. They were knitted for a friend's baby boy and are made in DB cashmerino aran. The hoodie is the same pattern I did several times last year from Special Knits for Babies, and the bunnie (yes - it is supposed to be a bunnie, I just need a bit more practice with knitted toys) was from the same book. I altered the colours on the bunnie to use up the ends of the balls of cashmerino aran I had kicking around, and on the whole it worked, though the ears are a bit strange looking. Were I to knit this again, I think I'd try to adapt the limbs to work in the round - there was an awful lot of seaming for not much knitting.

No comments: